Palantír aims to be an all-round notification center for MacOS X. While the Palantír App itself doesn't provide any real functionality for the end-user, it is easily extendable through plugins which will be able to provide any feature you can think of, e.g. mail or news feed notifications.
- A central configuration for the App itself and the plugins
- A simple plugin interface to create own Palantír plugins
- Built-in support for popups attached to status item's (see the GMail plugin for a sample)
- MacOS X 10.5 or newer
Palantír is still in an early stage of development. If you want to try it, check Palantír's GitHub repository.
- A downloadable disk image or installer
- Automatic updates through Sparkle
- Growl integration
- More dynamic configuration
Palantír is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the new BSD License. A copy of this license can be found here.